Thursday, July 22, 2010

Give Me Whatever David Koresh is Having


I've got a confession, I judge books by their cover almost always. I'm sorry but after working at a record store for a couple of years you really get the ability to surmise the contents of a record by purely aesthetic reasons. Most of the time. There are many times where I've been wrong, a lot of bands that I let slip through the cracks because I felt they had less-than-favorable representation. Sue me.

I did it real real bad with this band CULTS, I am tired of one word band names, and girl/boy synth/pop/ duos, and didn't think I had any room for one more in my heart. So for the last four months or so I've completely ignored them and disregarded their existence. That was until a couple of days ago when the FYF Lineup was posted. Overall I was pretty excited about the line-up but there were some unknowns Cults being one of them so I investigated and uncovered quite possibly one of my most favorite songs of the year so far. Not that I will stop judging books by their cover, that'd be impossible to, Im pretty sure everyone does it....that's why covers are there, doi! But anyways check em out you can get there seven inch single free off their website. and check out FYF because it's only 25 bucks and if it was half as cool as last year it'll be worth it....fuck I've spent more at the movie theaters just on myself.

CULTScultsCULTS

No comments:

Post a Comment