Thursday, February 11, 2010

Karma Kops



I've always been really interested in free jazz. The Duke Elington's of the world are cool, I actually appreciate that stuff a lot more. But I've always been on the search for that super crazy out-there shit. This search lead me to dudes like Ornette Coleman and Sun Ra. It also led me to Pharaoh Sanders and specifically this album. Well, it's more like one 30 minute opus. Like a tecnicolor ferryboat ride on a river of pink flouride, and little Peep's birdies twittering about. This is like medicine for an over-active brain. Especially helpful when you are trying to lay-down after taking some psychedelics. There is enough going on to keep your brain satiated, without de-bugging you brain circuits a-la Aphex Twin....word to the wise-Don't listen to the Richard D. James Album while frying hard on 2-CE. no bueno.
Check The Creator's Master Plan

2 comments:

  1. that looks pretty good,
    tried to download, when unzipping it tells me that the archive is corrupted!
    good blog though, I live in Reno,NV here is mine if interested:
    http://love-without-sound.blogspot.com/
    peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment, Ill let you know as soon as I get it re-upped!

    ReplyDelete