Thursday, July 22, 2010

For Those Who Fear Tomorrow: You Have No Idea


A whole lot of things in my world that I haven't really spoke upon, playing with a band again really stoked on that shit's starting to come together. Penetration Panthers, if I get my way you'll hear that name a lot more.

Last weekend we played down in SoCal for the Integrity/GEHENNA show at the Chain Reaction. That show was huge and I am real grateful that I got to be apart of it. It's always nice seeing people out in a about in other cities. If you are an aging punker feeling down and out I suggest getting out and going to a bigger show like that to remember what it's all about. Or at least what it's about sometimes. Earlier in the day we played a super secret show down the street. Penetration Panthers, Violent Ruler, Gehenna, Integrity, Slaughterhouse Death Kamp.....got super duper faded and had an all-around good time. I can't begin to describe how surreal it was to be apart of the weekend. Just thinking about what my 16year-old self would've thought about the whole thing makes me kind of laugh. I remember when Integrity played Reno like 7 years ago with Ringworm....never in a million years did I think I would play a show with them at some hole-in-the-wall bar in Anaheim California.

I was trippin out on how Integrity and GEHENNA are getting super popular again and I realized it's because the lyrics and the music and the overall affect of these bands is almost TOO relevant for our current state of affairs. Each day it becomes less and less likely that we will pull-out of our collective tail-spin into oblivion. Honestly we probably never had a chance this ship was sinking looong before I ever got here, and long before most people got here too. But in these last two years and especially this last 6 months it's becoming increasingly apparent that we are fucked. Then you think about bands like Integrity and GEHENNA and you start to feel their message and you realize that they have literally been SCREAMING at us for the last 20 years trying to wake the world up to the reality of our situation.

Not that you know I completely condone being an out-right motherfucker, being honest about who we/you are, and what's actually going on is a step in the right direction. And I must say Im glad to have dudes like the ones in GEHENNA to show me how to WIN in such a rotten world.

By The Way this video was filmed in Reno! Take that!


No comments:

Post a Comment