Monday, July 26, 2010

I Couldn't Grow Up If I Really Really Wanted To



Yes yes I can't say anything new about the Descendents....except that maybe they should change their name to the TRANSCENDents because their music transcends any all forms of pigeon-holing or whatnot. It's just pretty much essential to the identity of anyone who is worth their salt and claiming punk. I lean heavily towards the super sappy songs in their repertoire but their musicianship carries even songs about hot dogs or farting to a level of high art.There really isn't a bad Descendents record but I think this one is their most adventurous and well-rounded album they've got. Bill Stevenson is just about the best punk drummer out there and he also penned most of my favorite Descendents tracks including "Silly Girl" "Can't Go Back" and one of my all-time favorites ever "Good Good Things"...if I ever found a karaoke with that song it would be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment