Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dance till ya can't Dance till ya can't Dance no more

It seems every coupla months I will find out about some new crazy-ass region specific dance that is just coming out and every time I get my head blown off. You can tell waaay more about a group of people by what they create rather than what a Rand McNally picture atlas could tell you. The newest dance music craze sweeping the internet is from South Africa, it sounds like the soundtrack to the cheaper N64 games like Bust-A-Move or Diddy Kong racing....but sped up to impossible speeds with super mechanical yet polyrythmic drums and a notable lack of low-end. But the way these girls are dancing to it is what gets me, crazy crazy hypnotic....there is no reason to try and describe just let it explain itself. All-in-all it reminds me of something you'd see on Sesame Street or Gullah Gullah Island, it's a feel good vibe and a reminder that Americans are way to stiff and neurotic to have a pure good time compared to some others in the world.

If you don't have any patience for the music the dancing starts a minute in....

Shangaan Electro from outsidemusic on Vimeo.




This video is admittedly pretty ridiculous, I don't know Im a weird dude those vocals do it for me though

SHANGAAN ELECTRO 6 from outsidemusic on Vimeo.



This last song I actually kind of dig, but you might want to take that with a grain of salt because I've been lately feeling like C+C Music Factory is one of the best bands of the 90's, and I always have room in my heart for a saccharine sweet ode to love.

Nwa Gezani My Love / SHANGAAN ELECTRO from outsidemusic on Vimeo.




If you're interest is in any way piqued

No comments:

Post a Comment