Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sour Patch Kidz



Bay Area raize up! Fuck yes, I am seriously seriously crushin' on this band baaad. Homeboy Jack from Don't Trip(Rest In Pot my brothers) was bumping this on a recent trip up here. After a spin or two I had to know who the hell this was. Well for the last month or so I have bumping this at least once daily, which is saying a whole damn lot. I don't even eat everyday, or anything. No bull, straight up Pop, with punk tendencies. I refuse to call it pop-punk because it just doesn't do this shit justice. I am a songwriting guy, regardless of the type of music, I just care that their is some thought and effort put into the craft. Perfect pop music sounds instantly familliar. That's all it really takes, and every song hits you like a bad case of Deja Vu. Like that time you smoked salvia and swore up and down that you were married to your friends Grandmother in another life. I swear that happens. Anyways I got a soft spot for this shit for some other reasons too. I am a sucker for literally anything with a female vocalist-From Walls of Jericho to the Wizard of Oz soundtrack. Punk rock romance is also a fun subject to dwell on. Sometimes I get tired of all the vegan potlucks, and bike rides down by the river. But honestly that shit beats bangin' your dick on a chicks tailbone in a drunk, sweaty frenzy at Tonic........sike. Lastly, there is something about the Bay Area punk scene that I just have always had an affinity for. Probably the proximity. Anyways, I relate to this shit faar more than other stuff(call me a regionalist). There you have it. I love this band and this damn cd. Just cuz it's technically a demo I won't call it my favorite release of '09. But 2010 better watch out cuz they are scheduled to drop something proper at the end of the year. Speaking of which, they'll be taking pre-orders soon so get on that, it's seems like a pretty good package with a tote bag and all. Pre-Order Full Length





It seems kind of redundant to upload since it's already up so you can thank these dudes for putting it up!

Pucker Up

No comments:

Post a Comment